Our consulting services provide support to companies and institutions that want to invest or develop real estate projects throughout the country. As your partner in Mozambique, African Century Real Estate helps you overcome the challenges necessary to accomplish your investments and make them successful.
By developing our own high quality real estate portfolio in Mozambique, we were forced to develop our own regional network, supported by an experienced team. We have an extensive experience in working successfully in areas with few support infrastructures and in executing projects within the stipulated timings and budgets.
We were pioneers in many of our investments in northern Mozambique. The success of these investments helps to understand our experience in obtaining lands, managing all necessary approvals, construction, logistics and general project management.
Our real estate advisory services are designed to support international investors and new operators that want to access the Mozambican market, including:
Legal and regulatory framework
– Consulting in Mozambican legal and regulatory processes;
– Support in foreign investment approvals;
– Confirmation of local development and infrastructures plans.
– Identification of investment and development opportunities: lands, investment projects, buildings, according to Mozambican legislation;
– Negotiation of terms of acquisition with local suppliers, interpretation of regulations and processes;
– Consulting in processes of obtaining land, community consultations, regulatory approvals and obtaining licenses;
– Establish and manage contacts with local, governmental, legal, financial, environmental and community leaders;
– Support in the re-settlement process in accordance with Mozambican legislation and World Bank guidelines.
Building and project management
– Planning: support during the planning approval process with local government and stakeholders;
– In-depth planning before the project starts;
– Management of all parties throughout the construction phase to keep delays to a minimum and manage costs to budget;
– Communication: keep your management and board fully appraised of progress against plan;
– Quality control at sight.
Why African Century Real Estate?
– We have a dedicated team, headquartered in Maputo, with operations in Pemba, Palma and Nampula to provide local support when required;
– Proven experience in the development of several projects in Maputo’s competitive environment, as well as remote and isolated areas of Mozambique.
– We provide an in-depth knowledge of the Mozambican legal, regulatory, structural and administrative framework. As your local partner, we can solve any challenges and make the process more familiar to our international partners;
– We offer the highest standards of corporate governance procedures which are designed to meet the requirements of publicly listed international groups;
– We actively promote sustainability in the communities where we work through the African Century Foundation.
“The continent is too large to describe. It is a veritable ocean, a separate planet, a varied, immensely rich cosmos. Only with the greatest simplification, for the sake of convenience, can we say ‘Africa’. In reality, except as a geographical appellation, Africa does not exist.”